We mean it when we call it a partnership.
We are pleased to announce Abbott’s new and improved Prequalification Process.
Dear Trade Partners,
We would like to introduce our new Prequalification Process, which is being adopted in partnership with Layton Construction’s prequalification team to provide the following:
- A mechanism to match both the financial and safety ability of our trade partners to the correct project opportunities, while providing a path for deliberate successful outcomes.
- An increased level of sophistication to meet our clients’ needs with regard to fiduciary and safety risk evaluation and management.
- An opportunity to grow with us!
As Abbott’s business scales and project types expand, we want to ensure the same opportunity for all our trade partners across a regional and national platform.
This Prequalification Process will evaluate applicants on their financial and safety responses, which once submitted, remain fully confidential and only accessible to the Abbott & Layton prequalification team.
The following standard industry metrics are analyzed:
- OSHA Citations
- Incident Rate
- Safety Survey
Our accounting team will review:
- Financial Statements
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement/Profit Loss Statement
- Bonding/Surety Letter (if relationship exists)
- Litigation Survey
Abbott has come a long way in the last 40 years, and the 2020 merger with STO Building Group (STOBG) has and will continue to provide new and exciting opportunities across numerous market sectors with diverse clientele.
Whether you desire a local or expanded geographic operation, we want nothing less than the successful partnerships that have been inherent between our organizations thus far, and this next step in our risk management evolution is designed to ensure that continues.
Steve Jarvis, Michael Sloane, Doug Klein, & Larry Lantero
Regional Vice Presidents
Please find next steps for prequalification below.
Are you a diverse business?
Abbott Construction is committed to a diverse workforce and the development of community business enterprises such as disadvantaged, small, minority, veteran, HUBZone, and women-owned businesses. Please help us learn more about your company by marking your diversity classifications in your online prequalification form, and upload a copy of your current certificate(s). We look forward to working with you!
Have you Worked with Abbott before?
If so, please email your company name and Federal ID Number to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll send you a link and a password to access the system. Thank you for your ongoing partnership.
are you a new applicant?
We’re glad you’re here. Before you begin, please gather the following data and documents. You’ll need them ready in order to successfully submit your online application.
- Signed W9
- Signed Safety Declaration
- Review the Abbott Construction Accident Prevention Program
- OSHA 300A Forms for the last 3 years
- Experience Modification Rate (EMR)
- Financial Statements prepared by a 3rd party for most recent fiscal year-end
- If you are bondable, include a Reference Letter from your bonding company stating your single and aggregate project limits, as well as your average bond rate (if you are not bondable, simply click “no” in the surety section).
- If you are a certified diverse business, include a copy of your Certificate(s) showing expiration.
READY TO FILL OUT YOUR APPLICATION?
If you have the documents above ready, please proceed to the online application. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Browser Alert: Our online prequalification process supports Chrome on Windows and Firefox for Mac users. If you experience problems, please switch browsers or download Chrome or Firefox.