1624 Building

1624 Building

Seattle, WA

Project Overview

Constructed in 1926 for an office supply warehouse, the building was eventually purchased by Sherman Clay who was its only occupant for decades. In the 1960s the building's ornate neoclassical exterior was updated with pre-cast concrete panels which were removed and replaced with limestone and large windows. The building, located adjacent to Westlake Center, also received a seismic retrofit and structural upgrades.

Client Plus Investment
Type Shell & Core Remodel
Size 21,600 sf
Architect Grace Architects
Use Office
Awards/Recognition